We have a few BlueJ and Greenfoot events going on this summer, so I thought I’d list them out for anyone wanting to attend (all UK unless specified):
- 14th June, CAS Conference, Birmingham. Introduction to BlueJ (not Greenfoot, for once!), for teachers.
- 15th June, #define, Rugby. Introduction to Greenfoot, for pupils (girls and minorities especially welcome).
- 19th June, CAS East Surrey Hub, Reigate. Introduction to Greenfoot, for teachers.
- 1st July, ITiCSE, Canterbury. Introduction to Greenfoot, for teachers.
- 6–7th July, Technocamps/CAS Wales Conference, Swansea. Introduction to Greenfoot, for teachers.
- 15th July, CSTA Conference, Quincy (near Boston), USA. Introduction to Greenfoot, for teachers. (There will also be an event on Greenfoot with Kinect on the second day of the conference.)
There are one or two more events still to be confirmed — I’ll add those as they come. In particular, we’re hoping to run a multi-day summer school again at the University of Kent for teachers, in August.
Besides workshops, our team will also be giving talks at a few conferences:
- 14th June, CAS Conference, Birmingham. Michael Kölling will be giving a keynote talk. It’s his choice of topic, but I imagine there might be a peek at our next version of Greenfoot.
- 24th June, SPA Conference, London. I’ll be giving a keynote talk about CAS (Computing At School) to developers there.